Administration Accounts Apprenticeship
The ESD Control Centre are Europe’s No.1 supplier of static shielding bags and moisture barrier protection. They also supply hundreds of ESD consumables to meet the challenge of electrostatic discharge and adverse environmental conditions experienced during handling and transportation of sensitive devices and materials.
From personnel grounding, ESD monitoring to flooring and shipping materials, our client are experts in Electrostatic discharge consumables and high-end technology-led packaging solutions. Formed in 1987, Our client is one of the UK’s Top 100 fastest growing companies and quality approved to ISO 9001 standards. As well as the UK headquarters, there are distribution centres in North America, Singapore, Malaysia and the Czech Republic, giving our clients a pan-global, strategic supply network.
Our client is looking for a friendly, team player who pays great attention to detail to join their experienced team. Our client has promised that the successful candidate will be supported by the senior office members who each have a wealth of experience to back them up.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Open post on a daily basis sorting and date stamping ready for an accounts administrator to distribute
- Collecting purchase delivery notes from the warehouse on a daily basis
- Alphabetically sorting purchase invoices and purchase delivery notes on a daily basis
- Matching purchase invoices and purchase delivery notes on a daily basis
- You will be supported by the accounts team in understanding our data entry requirements, in posting matched invoices and credit notes onto the system on a daily basis
- Reconciling VAT statements on a tick basis against reported C79
- Filing all posted invoices and making sure files are ready with reference numbers
- Reconciling supplier accounts to supplier statements and updating the relevant notes field within our system, following up and chasing missing invoices
- Chasing missing invoices for deliveries when requested by accounts team
- Setting up new purchase ledger accounts by processing data to required fields, scanning, indexing, filing and informing the purchaser the relevant supplier code
- With the guidance of our accounts administrator, you will deal with accounts inbox on a daily basis, this will include printing documents and filing in our hard copy filing system or indexing documents for filing within our computer system. Also, log chasers so that accounts administrator can contact suppliers with payment dates
- Archiving and updating the data management sheet when required
- Answering and logging telephone calls for the team and entering the information into our call log when accounts assistants are busy
- Scanning and indexing on a daily basis or as required
- General filing, copying and ad-hoc tasks
- Franking evening post
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your administration skills and learn from a highly-experienced team. You will also be working towards a widely-recognised Level 2 in Business Administration with the potential opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Programme after successful completion of the Level 2.
If you find this vacancy appealing and think that you tick all the boxes, please don’t hesitate to apply!
Job Type / Category
About the employer
Antistat is Europe’s No.1 supplier of static shielding bags and moisture barrier protection. They also supply hundreds of ESD consumables to meet the challenge of electrostatic discharge and adverse environmental conditions experienced during handling and transportation of sensitive devices and materials.
Bury St. Edmunds
- Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (30 minute lunch break).
- Total hours per week: 37.50
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business Administration with the opportunity to move onto the Level 3
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
Business and Administration
Expected apprenticeship duration
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- You should have an interest in accounting, be numerate, methodical and show great attention to detail
- IT skills such as Microsoft office would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given
- Team player
- Reliable and trust worthy
- Keen to learn
- GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 in Maths and English (desired but not essential)
- For the right candidate this role will lead into further progression in accounts, and provide stability
long term for the employee.
- ESD is fast growing and provides excellent development skills in supporting their employees to thrive and succeed. ESD have had previous success in employing apprentices for them to now be full time employees.
Apply for Administration Accounts Apprenticeship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly