Apprentice Accounts Assistant
Working within the Finance team, assisting with the sales and purchases functions as well as carrying out other finance related tasks and projects. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide aspect of the accounting process and dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
Working within a small professional team, the ideal candidate will have experience working within a finance related role, although this is not essential as the job is suitable to anybody eager to develop their career as a finance professional.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the finance team by undertaking tasks such as basic bookkeeping
- Working with financial spreadsheets and preparing schedules
- Working with and maintaining the sales and purchases ledger.
- Liaise with the external and internal stakeholders (such as employees within the company, suppliers etc.)
- Assisting with filing statutory documents (such as sales and purchase invoices, VAT records)
- Any ad hoc jobs of an accounting nature as required
- To maintain 48-hour communications response with all clients including employees, contractors and other customers of Warwick Estates.
- To respond to telephone calls and messages within 24 hours of returning to the office.
- To maintain polite and professional communications within all correspondence whether verbal or written.
- To keep up to date with all relevant legislation.
- To ensure all relevant Warwick Estates databases are kept up to date.
- To attend and participate in regular internal Warwick Estates meetings as requested.
- To be familiar with and aware of basic Warwick Estates policies including but not limited to Employment, Health & Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety Policies.
- To receive, manage and fulfil any other duties that may be commensurate to the role.
To comply with the Companies Equal Opportunities Policy, Codes of Conduct and other relevant policies, procedures and legislation, including the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
To comply with statutory provisions of Health and Safety at Work. All Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their manager.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Job Type / Category
About the employer
The company was formed by a number of experienced professionals who had become disillusioned with the poor service being offered to residents from the larger companies in the industry.
The aim of the company is simple: to offer a personalised service to resident directors and leaseholders. This may sound simple but it is sadly lacking throughout the industry due to the ever increasing amount of leasehold properties being built, and the ever increasing demands of the property managers employed to look after these developments.
At Warwick Estates there exist simple checks and balances to ensure we will never become "just another big property management company that doesn't care". Our Property Managers will never have more than 15 developments to manage. This is a remarkably low number and emphasises our commitment to service rather than maximising profit.
Our Property Managers have many years experience working with some of the largest property management companies in the UK. They are now ready to offer their expertise to developments on a 1 to 15 ratio where this experience and new found resource can be utilised to the benefit of all leaseholders.
9 Astra Centre
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm. Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. 1 Hour lunch.
- Total hours per week: 37.00
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Full in house company training.
Business and Administration
Expected apprenticeship duration
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Professional telephone manner
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel would be desirable
- Good organisation skills
- Open minded
- Happy to take on a variety of roles.
- It is desired that the successful candidate will hold GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C in English and maths
- However, if these grades are not achieved, Key Training will provide support and guidance in Functional Skills in these subjects
- There is a possibility of gaining a permanent position with the company upon completion of the Apprenticeship depending on how the Apprentice has performed in their first year
Apply for Apprentice Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly