What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working as part of a team on larger client projects
- Working alone - but supervised - on smaller client projects
- Monitoring helpdesk tickets and logging issues received by email
- Logging time spent on projects and helpdesk issues
- Web development support
Why choose our Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship gives learners advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Learners will also gain an understanding of advanced programming, systems and software development projects. Software Development is at the heart of digital transformation. With demand for services to be consumed online by both clients and employees increasing exponentially, software developers are in high demand. Software Engineers build and test high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
QA's Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Build advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems.
- Receive training on end-to-end software dev stack, as opposed to hyper-focusing on one area of development.
- Develop more advanced applications.
There is an opportunity within the business for a full-time role after completion of the apprenticeship, depending on availability of roles and the candidate's demonstrated prowess.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent STEM subject (Grade Any) Desired
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Any) Desired
Other Apprenticeship in Software (Grade Level 3) Desired Things to consider
Important information: QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.