Higher Apprentice - Manufacturing (Engineering Operations)
We are seeking to employ, train and develop six Engineering apprentices in 2017, one of which will be Manufacturing Engineering Operations. As a manufacturing apprentice you will be highly trained to work in the world of Engineering & manufacturing in the Food Industry Sector the world's leading supplier of Food Packaging Machines & Equipment.
The initial training and development will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Manufacturing Engineering Operations focused towards Core Product Manufacturing Build and Manufacturing Engineering Operations.
The roles mentioned above will feature a range different engineering activities aligned to the job roles with a detailed development plan for the four years of their apprenticeship programme.
This will involve:
- Working in a range of planned departments developing and building their engineering skills and knowledge.
- Aligned to the apprentice programme there will be an educational development pathway, which will provide the engineering theory and knowledge. Each apprentice will have a dedicated work mentor with planned regular reviews to support their progression.
- The range of tasks will cover anything from product build, to customer visits, project tasks, to name a few.
- The type of working environment or style is one of “Team work” where collaboration, engagement, positive challenges where the individual can demonstrate their skills and abilities to make a difference.
The apprenticeship programme lays the foundations of engineering expertise using the qualifications gained using maths and science principals gained at GCSE. So be considered, you will a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grades A to C/9 to 6, including a solid level of Math's, English and Science is essential. (Maths, English plus a Science - are essential).
Higher level A/AS levels or equivalents desirable.
You will be hard working, enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills.
You will need to be diligent with a positive attitude to work and study.
- Accountability - personal responsibility
- Commitment - don't give up when things get tough
- Cooperation - to be a team player
Essential - 5 GCSEs at A to C/9 to 6 (B or above preferred), must include Maths, English and Science, or equivalent related qualification. BTEC Level 3 Engineering or A-Levels in Maths, Engineering and Science related subjects are required for entry on to the Higher Apprenticeships.
Many of our Apprentices progress to senior roles in the Business.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will be in an ideal position to develop your career within Ishida. If you want to progress up the career ladder and we do, you could take on the people management responsibilities and develop into a management position be this in engineering or the commercial side of our business. Or you could choose a technical route and take on extra duties and responsibilities.
It doesn't have to stop there, your skills, drive and determination will open up many exciting opportunities with the Ishida group. Things to consider We expect all our employees to have high levels of commitment with a strong work ethic.