What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be expected to grow within this role, to become a key contributor in developing our understanding and application of data and analytics across the Society.
What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Delivering high-quality data to meet ongoing operational business needs.
- Engage with our Data Analysts and teams throughout the business to understand our regulatory, operational and strategic data landscape.
- Participate in the delivery of regular data and reporting - both scheduled/periodic MI (e.g. MI for inclusion in Committee packs, regulatory reporting, control reports) and less frequent requests that require collaboration with data owners/users.
- Apply in-depth understanding and interrogation of our in-house data sources; developing and confidently applying strong SQL skills.
- Deliver high quality, and well governed, data analysis (accurate, unambiguous, and easily understood).
- Provide data interpretation that enables end-users to achieve required insights.
Why choose our Data Analyst including Power BI apprenticeship?
QA's Data Analyst including Power BI Level 4 apprenticeship develops the skills needed to collect, organise and study data to provide valuable business insight.
The principles of data analytics are being applied across just about every industry. Using past-event data, analysts are making important insight-based business decisions and driving customer value across every team and function, including operations, finance, sales and marketing. At QA we have deep-rooted expertise in Data, Analytics and AI. Our solutions transform the way that individuals use data and enable organisations to make more data-driven business decisions.
QA'sData Analyst including Power BI Level 4 apprenticeship programmeenables your organisation to:
- Build the skills and capabilities you need throughout your organisation to analyse, interrogate and present technical data, providing informed and valuable business insights to a range of stakeholders.
- Upskill or reskill your existing workforce with data skills and create analysts for the modern day workplace.
- Recruit and harness a new talent pathway: QA can help you cost-effectively recruit diverse, ambitious talent into your business and help you build a pipeline of data literacy talent.
- Delivered by industry experts with real-world experience, the programme's content has been designed around real-life skills and includes the additional Analyst Data with Microsoft Power BI module. The technical content aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market.
- Upon successful completion, learners will be awarded the Data Analyst including Power BI Level 4 apprenticeship.
Tools and technologies learned: Learners will learn to use R programming language, Python, Microsoft SQL Azure and Excel.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- 30 days' holiday which will increase to 32 days after 2 years (8 of which are bank holidays)
- Option to buy or sell 2 days (full time equivalent)
- You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day!
- Life assurance worth 4 x your annual basic salary. (This benefit ceases at age 65 years)
- We have a salary sacrifice pension scheme where if you contribute 5% we'll contribute 5.25%
- Charity days - Entitlement of 2 days per annum
A full time Data Analyst position may be available to the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Focused - personal development, Ambition Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
AS Level or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subject. (Grade Level 3) Essential