Human Resource Management Apprenticeship
Human Resource Apprenticeship scheme
Scheme name: Human Resources
Apprenticeship level: Level 5
Scheme length: 2 Years
Salaries will start at £17802
Requirements: 5 GCSE's A*-C including Maths & English language + 2 A Levels at a pass in any discipline or equivalent. You must be 18 years of age by 1st September 2017 to be eligible for this scheme.
You'll support the core business priorities by contributing to the delivery of generalist and specialist HR services whilst developing the skills you need for a successful HR career.
About the role:
Initially, you'll have a five-day induction based in London where you'll learn everything you need to know about us, your role, and where you fit in, as well as some site visits to some of the business areas you may be supporting during your time on the HR apprenticeship scheme. Following that, you'll begin an intensive development programme, designed to kick start your career in HR.
The Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resource (HR) Management will provide you with a structured and comprehensive training programme, designed to introduce you to a variety of HR areas including but not limited to:
• Professional practice in human resources
• Resourcing and talent planning
• Employment law
Placements on this apprenticeship are split into three 17-week placements and a 52-week placement.
17 weeks will be spent in:
• HR Services - Customer Delivery: first line response dealing with business queries, gaining an in depth knowledge of our policies and how things work at TfL.
• HR Specialist and HR Services: this could include working on talent programmes, specialist recruitment and strategic resourcing projects, or equality and inclusion.
• HR Delivery - PMA support: applying practical employment law knowledge to support our business to manage cases including discipline, grievance, and performance.
52 weeks will be spent in:
• HR delivery/change - HR Business Partner support: during this placement apprentices will work closely with HR Business Partners within one of our business areas (this could be London Underground, Surface transport or Professional Services) to provide support on a range of initiatives including talent, change programmes, organisational design and more.
On this varied and challenging apprenticeship, you'll gain a CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources and also become a CIPD associate member. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and classroom training, you'll develop a diverse knowledge of HR and the wide range of skills needed for a successful career in HR.
The apprenticeship could lead you to a role in case management, recruitment, learning and development, talent, equality and inclusion, or business partnering depending on your interests and the skills and experience you develop while on the scheme. We will help you see the potential career pathways available to progress your career at TfL.
If you're successful you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining. These will include reference checks, qualifications checks, right to work in the UK and in some cases a medical and a Criminal Records Bureau check.
** Please be aware that you can only make one apprenticeship application per season.**Requirements and prospects Desired skills
High level Maths and English skillsPersonal qualities
Our client, is looking for an enthusiastic young people to join their team. You must have passion, be reliable and be dedicated to succeed in this role. You will also need good communication skills; having a friendly, professional and helpful manner.Qualifications required
5 GCSE's A*-C including Maths & English language + 2 A Levels at a pass in any discipline or equivalent.Future prospects The apprenticeship could lead you to a role in case management, recruitment, learning and development, talent, equality and inclusion, or business partnering depending on your interests and the skills and experience you develop while on the scheme. We will help you see the potential career pathways available to progress your career at TfL.