Apprentice Software Developer
The employer is seeking an Apprentice Software Developer to develop the functionality of its software solutions which are used by sports organisations in the UK, South Africa, Dubai, India, Australia and New Zealand.
Initially, a lot of training will be involved including self-study, pair programming and writing sample applications. Once training is complete and you are full member of the development team, a day looks like this:
- Attend stand up meeting at 9am every day
- Describe what you did yesterday, what you'll be doing today, and what impediments you have to completing those tasks
- Write software to complete features that are to be released in the current sprint
- Respond to tickets raised by customers and triage any issues they may be having with using our software
- Report to the project manager on progress
- Work with the development team to implement new features and fix bugs in our existing software products
- Design and develop software solutions to customer problems
- Diagnose and fix issues raised by customers
Some experience of programming - just self-study, but a grasp of the basics of programming are absolutely necessary (You will be required to complete a simple programming task in the interview, in any language of your choice.)Personal qualities
We're looking for an IT-enthusiast with:
- Enthusiasm for programming.
- A strong desire and proven ability to study and learn on your own time.
- Good communication skills and good writing abilities are key for communicating with customers.
You don't need loads of professional experience in IT. However, you'll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including English and IT / Science. Ideally, you'll also have an A-level or equivalent such as BTEC Level 3, Level 3 Apprenticeship, etc.Future prospects By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 24 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.