Cyber Security Technologist Apprentice
Please note DCMS are not the employer. DCMS are working with a network of employers for these roles. Employer names can be found in the employer description.
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to work at a leading UK organisation AND earn a good salary, the role also offers you the chance to enter a growing cutting edge industry and become a cyber-defender of tomorrow! Apprentices will:
• Learn the fundamental skills you need to begin your career as a security professional.
• Tackle topics such as ‘ethical hacking' (penetration testing), cyber security fundamentals, threats and vulnerabilities.
• Gain invaluable experience by learning challenging theory and applying this straight on-the-job.
• Be supported by experienced mentors and managers who will guide you through your apprenticeship.
• Develop the knowledge and skills required to be a cyber security specialist like incident response, risk management and digital forensics.
Our employers are keen to attract a broad spectrum of applicants from diverse backgrounds. If you have the right aptitude and attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are the candidate we are looking for if you:
- Have logical and creative thinking skills
- Have analytical and problem solving skills
- Can articulate complex issues clearly to a wide range of people
- Have a thorough and organised approach
- Have the ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Have the ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use your own initiative
- Passionate about technology
- Love to prevent disasters before they happen
- Want to make a real difference in the work you do
To apply you must have at least 5 GCSEs, grades A* to C and including English language and Maths, or equivalent. (Or you expect to have these qualifications by 31 March 2017.)
For some opportunities, it would be desirable if you have achieved the below:
- GCSEs or equivalent in STEM subjects
- 2 A levels or equivalent in STEM subjects