What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working on Dev Queue tickets; estimating, development and QA.
- Working alongside other developers on larger projects.
- Working knowledge of a variety of CMS and content platforms.
- Keeping documentation up to date.
- Code maintenance.
- Research into new technologies and working practices.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
The company benefits: • Company funded healthcare scheme (Westfield). • Company contributed pension scheme. • 22 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing with each year of service. • An extra day's holiday on your birthday. • Flexible start and finish times every day. • Home working. • Non-sickness reward scheme to boost your holiday allowance. • Sabbaticals for loyalty. • Quarterly meet ups. • Training allowance.