What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a driven candidate who would be interested in pursuing a career within accounting. We are providing a personalized service to business owners and individuals. Joining as an Accounting Apprentice, you will be providing accountancy and business support services to a portfolio of clients, operating across various industries. You will be working under the guidance of the senior accountants. We are a well-established firm that embraces all of the latest technology enabling us to provide up to date real-time support to our clients. We are dynamic and continue to grow. We are recruiting for a staff member who will report to the partner and senior members of the team. This role will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of accounting and tax services to all of our clients. The ideal candidate will be process driven, be able to take a common-sense approach and use analytical skills.
The duties will be:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Post trial balances on to accounts software.
- Analyse bank statements in to cash books in Excel and post on to accounts software.
- Complete accounts file working papers in Excel.
- Apply accounting principles.
- Identify client queries.
- Post any accounting journals and disclosure data into accounts software.
- Prepare corporation tax computation.
- Prepare accounts file for accounts meeting.
- Complete a file for signing pack.
- Bookkeeping in accountancy software.
- Preparation of Payroll reports
- Ad hoc administrative duties as needed by the office
- Preparation and submission of VAT, CIS, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment returns to HMRC.
Accounting and Taxation Professional Level 7 - ACA
The gold standard in Accountancy Apprenticeships, this programme enables individuals to become fully qualified in a profession which is globally recognised and respected in areas of accountancy, taxation, finance and business.
ACA is a great option if you're looking to become a chartered accountant and work in accountancy and finance. It opens a wealth of opportunities, as you can specialise in specific areas or sectors, or work broadly across multiple industries. It consists of three levels:
- Certificate Level: You'll be introduced to the essentials of accountancy, finance, and businesses. You'll learn about double-entry accounting, assurance, business and technology, law, management, and taxation.
- Professional Level: This level teaches you how to apply technical knowledge to real-life scenarios. You'll deepen your knowledge on financial reporting, audit and assurance, tax compliance, finance management, business strategy, and business planning.
- Advanced Level: You will give you the skills to understand how accountancy and finance works within businesses. You'll learn about corporate reporting and strategic business management.
You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA), which will include a case study exam and project report.
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete innovative skills and behaviours that are essential to complement the vital technical training. They are designed to support learners in developing essential competencies and embedding their learning within the context of their organisation. Delivered with motivation and engagement at heart, learners can practice these essential competencies with industry peers in a realistic environment.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons or Live Online. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be part of the practice's continued expansion and will be expected to want to progress within the company whilst completing the ACA qualification. There will also be the opportunity to carry out further study upon completion of the ACA. The Company will provide study support towards all professional accountancy qualifications.
This is a permanent position therefore once the Apprenticeship is completed you will be a permanent staff member with progression opportunity.
Having any sort of accounting experience is extremely advantageous, however this is not essential.
If you are keen to secure an entry level role within an expanding accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, as well as a great career path to progress please apply today to find out more.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
Other Degree (Grade 2:1) Desired Things to consider
Benefits include: Holidays 20 + bank holidays. Statutory pension. On site parking.