Business Administration Apprentice
Responsible to: Senior Administrator.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attributes to provide assistance in specified service areas to enable efficiency and effectiveness:
- Administration IT and customer service support
- Customer Service and Appointment/visitor co-ordination
- Finance Office Actively engage in the structured learning programme and undertake sufficient study to achieve the level 2 in Business Administration Apprenticeship within the set timeframe.
Administration: general office duties to include:
- Word processing/typing/mail merging
- Printing/copying Filing/maintenance of records Bulk mailing: e.g. creating address labels/ sorting and stuffing envelopes
- Maintenance of systems: e.g. stationery supplies IT and customer service support:
- Database record checking/inputting/retrieving
- Email management - checking/forwarding/responding
- Answering the telephone/responding to general enquiries
- Taking accurate messages/forwarding appropriately
- Be a part of the team providing office cover
- Appointment/visitor co-ordination as directed:
- Co-ordinate appointments and receive and manage visitors on first arrival
- Finance Office:Checking and processing deliveries
- Checking invoices against delivery notes and orders
- General Finance data entry
- Checking statements
- Plus other general
- Finance duties
- Actively engage in all aspects of personal development including accepting feedback.
To undertake other duties as directed from time to time consistent with the responsibilities and grading of the post.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft office or equivalent) - word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, databases
- Reasonable level of general admin skill: general office skills, telephone answering skills, IT skills.
- Good communications skills - verbal and written
- Experience of working with customers or volunteering or working in a team
- Demonstrate an ability to develop knowledge of the role and the requirements needed to be effective
Demonstrate commitment to develop skills in :
- General admin
- Variety of IT Literacy, numeracy and personal language - verbal and written
- Customer service
- Able to take accurate notes of calls
- Have a "Can do" attitude
- Ability to self-organise
- Team Player
- Good attendance record at school/FE.
- To be totally reliable with excellent time management skills
- Once entrusted with a task, to efficiently use time to ensure that it is completed on time
- Able to accept and act on appropriate feedback
Candidates are required to have good computer literacy skills GCSEs in English and maths, Grade 4 - 9 (A - C) are desirable
Progression to a higher level Apprenticeship and securing a future career in an office environment.