Who you’ll be working for:
Arcspeed are a small company in Devon producing web and mobile applications with a focus on asset and work management. Our innovative and flexible solutions are used across a wide range of industries with our customers including major players in the rail sector as well as three UK National Parks.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
This is a varied role with the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of supporting our products and services. Day to day duties may include:
- Responding to and updating support tickets raised by customers
- Assisting with onboarding new customers
- Product testing
- Product configuration
- Assisting with application and database development and admin tasks
- Preparing documentation and training / user guides
- Data cleansing and analysis
You will need the following skills:
- Customer service / support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Databases (SQL Server / Azure SQL)
- Microsoft Office
- Experience in using web / mobile applications
We’re looking for candidates with a good basic technical aptitude combined with a strong customer focus, great communication skills and a practical, “can do” attitude. The solutions we implement for our customers have a real world, practical focus so this isn’t just about technology, but also the ability to engage with our customers and have a genuine interest in understanding and addressing their business challenges.
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
40 hours per week.
Varied and interesting workload across a range of business sectors will provide ample opportunity for the selected candidate to develop their skills with the potential to progress to a permanent Support Analyst or Developer role.
Potential for future specialisation in a variety of business areas as the company grows eg:
- Customer Support
- Application Development
- Database administration
On progression to a permanent role, we offer a generous annual bonus and long term retention bonus scheme to enable employees to share in the company’s success.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.