What will the apprentice be doing?
Having won a large Government funded project for monitoring train power lines we are expanding the team. You will be helping DTL in developing this system.
Applicant's duties will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Developing software and creating models for vision applications
- Labelling and analysing vision data
- Documenting quality requirements in JIRA and bitbucket
- Attending regular sprints and management meetings
- Coordinating with project stakeholders amd establishing requirements
- Code reviews.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Digital and technology solutions professional (integrated degree) (level 7)
- The apprentice will work with our team in Huddersfield and Lancaster.
- We have a view to support the apprentice after completion to become a chartered member of the British Computer Society.
- We have provided structured development and mentoring of several of our chartered engineer employees
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Patience Qualifications
Other BSc BEng Computer Science or Software Engineering (Grade Distinction, very good pass) Essential Things to consider
Responsibilities are to help and take ownership of various products including: Autonomous Vision System To develop code and use appropriate tools and libraries. To perform various testing methods to verify the quality of written code. To adhere and help to improve business systems in line with ISO9001:2015