Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 36.5hrs
About the company:
Gestamp is a tier 1 supplier of the Global Automotive Industry with 3 manufacturing plants in the UK. The West Midlands plant primarily manufacture components for Jaguar Landrover and is based in a new purpose-built facility at Four Ashes between Cannock and Wolverhampton. Significant investment has been made in the plant to produce a modern manufacturing environment with state of the art facilities.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Level 3 Information Communications Technician with Gestamp Tallent an automotive car component manufacturer based in Wolverhampton.
Gestamp is an international group dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal automotive components. The Group specializes in developing innovatively designed products to achieve increasingly safer and lighter vehicles, thereby reducing energy consumption and environmental impact. With that in mind we have a great opportunity for an ICT support Apprentice to join our Gestamp West Midlands to join a productive IT services team that support our office and shop floor environments.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st Line support and training end-users.
- 1st line SAP user support.
- Engineering change process (ECR) awareness.
- Building and configuration of IT Hardware.
- Create and maintain IS Documentation.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Possess a strong IT interest with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- A strong problem-solving ability is necessary with the drive & tenacity to follow issues through to satisfactory completion.
- Team orientated and self - motivated approach to work.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.