About the role:
Aurum Solutions is a FinTech supplier of finance software solving complex problems for our customers with technology. We have a team of motivated technology and finance specialists working together to solve financial reconciliation problems for our customers. We are looking for a driven IT Security Apprentice to join us in our team in the heart of Reading.
You will support and resolve IT issues, monitor potential threats using Azure Active Directory, investigate and resolve internal IT security issues and assist the IT function. By joining this team of experts, you will build upon your current skills and gain an industry-recognised qualification.
Amongst all the hard work, Aurum Solutions likes to recognise hard work and dedication amongst the team, they host annual team retreats, regular social events, and host breakfast Mondays as well as Pizza Thursdays!
This is the perfect opportunity for you to develop your passion for IT and kick-start your career. In this role, you’ll work towards your Level 3 Information Communication Technician.
- Passion for IT, Security and Technology
- Knowledge of hardware, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Azure is beneficial
- A desire to learn and build knowledge
- Motivated team player
- Ability to use your own initiative and problem-solve
- You will need to be 18+ due to our building security requirements
A typical day in the job:
- Support and resolve IT issues
- Investigate security issues
- Monitor our laptops and networks for security issues
- Plan upgrades and updates for systems
- Managing and resolve networking and VPN problems
- Setup new users using Azure Active Directory / M365
- Provisioning laptops for new starters, to our standards using automation
- Maintaining records and writing documentation to help users
- Support and mentorship will be provided by Aurum staff, with additional training from the apprentice scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Regular social activities such as Breakfast Mondays and Pizza Thursday
- Dog-friendly office
- Ongoing training and development
- Free gym membership. Stay healthy!
- Cycle to work scheme. Help the environment
- Great offices to work in
- 25 days of annual leave
- Employer pension contribution.
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.
Interested? Apply now!