Level 3 Digital Marketer
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5 per week
About the company:
Surpass Assessment successfully supplies some of the largest and most prestigious certification and examination organisations in the world with its onscreen testing solution, the Surpass Platform, which enables the creation and delivery of millions of exams each year.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Marketing Apprentice with Surpass Assessment a Software Company based in Shipley.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Partnership Officer, the Marketing Apprentice will support the implementation of the company’s marketing strategy. The Surpass Marketing team works with colleagues, clients and partners across the globe providing marketing materials and running events for a successful growing business. The team use multiple marketing channels including traditional in person exhibitions, digital advertising, podcasts, webinars and multi-day virtual events. As an enthusiastic, budding marketeer, you will be asked to support the team working across these channels, with a focus on the UK market.
The Marketing team’s primary objective is to reach and connect with prospects with clear messages about the product and services provider by Surpass, and to generate more sales leads in new and existing markets.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The Marketing Apprentice will support the Marketing team to:
- Implement the company’s marketing strategy mainly in the UK, but will also work on campaigns targeting North America, and the rest of the world.
Key areas of work:
- Contributing to the research and authoring of product and service-related articles from the Surpass Community.
- Managing and monitoring the promotional print and material stock levels in the UK and USA offices.
- Producing graphical resources for social media and campaign promotion using templated materials.
- Managing the distribution and collection of exhibition materials to international events.
- Assisting with the monitoring and reporting on the activities of competitors operating in the global assessment market.
- Assisting with the management of contact and organisational based data.
- Providing updates on marketing and industry activities to internal stakeholders.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of in-person and virtual events including the annual Surpass Conference.
- Contributing to the production of digital outputs, including email communications, podcasts, webinars, and digital advertising.
- Working with clients and prospects to arrange interviews and presentations to the Surpass Community and beyond.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Possess Marketing qualifications or have studied Marketing modules as part of a wider business-related.
Desirable / advantageous, but not essential:
- Video and audio editing skills. Project Management experience. Analysis skills and experience with online CRM platforms such as Hubspot.
- Experience in writing marketing materials to promote technical products and services.
- Experience producing graphics and social media resources using templates.
- Willingness to present on camera or as part of a podcast.
- Works Collaboratively – a desire and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, a team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Technical Capability - a strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint are crucial) knowledge of Sage is advantageous. Quality Focus – attention to detail and a commitment to meticulous accuracy; checks work for mistakes and omissions. Problem Solving and Innovation – self-starter, who uses their own initiative; actively provides solutions to problems. Flexibility and Adaptability – flexible in approach to work; can adapt to changing work demands; willingness to get involved in large breadth of work – to be hands-on in tackling what may be perceived as more repetitive or menial tasks. Planning and organising – can prioritise to meet tight deadlines, whilst remaining calm; possesses excellent organisation and time management skills. Communication – strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills; can convey information concisely and accurately; displays the confidence and ability to operate at all levels of an organisation. Determination – drive to deliver agreed outcomes and raise standards of performance; ability to work independently.
- Salary negotiable according to experience. 25 days holiday per year (Jan-Dec), plus 8 days public holidays pro rata and birthday holiday. Upon successful completion of your 3-month probation period you will be entitled to join the company’s Group Personal Pension Scheme, whereby Surpass will match employee contributions up to 5% (increasing with years’ service). After your probation period you will be entitled to join the company’s Bupa Healthcare scheme, Medicash cash plan scheme, and Life Assurance Scheme (lump sum benefit, 2 x salary).
Additional benefits include:
- Finish early twice a month (this will be a granted on the Monday of the applicable week, as long as this does not coincide with an onsite exam day).
- Holiday purchasing scheme (up to 5 days can be bought or sold).
- Flexible bank holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Length of Service recognition scheme.
- Allocated budget for team lunches/activities. Free fruit / healthy snack in office.
- Recommend a friend – a successful recommendation of a new employee means you’ll receive £400 at the new starter’s 3- and 12-month points.
- Free access to Microsoft courses via their Enterprise Skills Initiative.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Marketer, with training in how to:
- Source, plan, develop and deploy digital content across a variety of channels including your website and social media.
- Execute multi-channel digital campaigns using online platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate channel and campaign performance using different analytical tools.
- Adopt a test and learn approach to digital marketing activities, making recommendations for improvement.