Working as a Warehouse Operative/Equipment Tester for Hardware Associates (Management) Limited, the main purpose of this role is to test, store and dispatch IT equipment. You will need to use initiative in the course of the work as appropriate to achieve and ensure good practice. You should also uphold the values and beliefs that underpin the mission of the Company and act in accordance with policy.
- To test, store and despatch IT equipment
- To use initiative in the course of the work as appropriate to achieve and ensure good practice
- To uphold the values and beliefs that underpin the mission of the Company and act in accordance with policy where individuals are seen to place this in jeopardy
- To report to the person in charge, to take instructions for the day
- To greet all visitors to the business courteously and hospitably, and be helpful at all times. To answer the phone in the same manner
- To wear dress commensurate to the dress code
- To maintain tidy and safe environment that is always presentable to the public.
- To observe Health and Safety Regulations; prevent accidents at all times, and report any hazards to person in charge. To carry out risk assessment as requested.
- To attend the at least one fire drill per annum
- To observe the manual handling legislation and avoid lifting wherever possible, and use hoists and other lifting aids where instructed. Where lifting is necessary this should be done in accordance with recommended lifting procedures
- To attend in house and external training as requested and to feedback to the staff group when requested on the contents of the training
- To be aware of the need for energy conservation and avoid unnecessary waste
- To operate any equipment or machinery according to instructions and report any problems
- To look after any equipment used, and replace it
- To assist other members of the team when there are staff shortages to ensure the smooth running of the company
- To keep records in line with the company's policy
- Process deliveries from suppliers
- Test IT equipment using appropriate procedures
- Log results on relevant spreadsheet/database
- Store tested equipment in correct stock locations
- Pick equipment for delivery notes and pack in method suitable for courier transit
- Despatch orders via couriers
- Assist in stock takes to ensure that stock accuracy is maintained
This list is not exhaustive.
Flexibility is required at all times.
Staff shall be expected to comply with any reasonable request issued from a senior member of staff that may fall outside of the above description.
All job descriptions are subject to change by agreement with employees as required by any changes necessary to working practice.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in IT
- Technical certificate
- Level 2 functional skills maths
- Level 2 functional skills English
- Level 2 functional skills ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company where you will receive full training and support.
Things to consider
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis.