ATA Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship - Roche Diagnostics Limited
Main Function of the Job:To work from our Burgess Hill office as part of an IT Services Team delivering first class customer support by telephone, remote support services or on site visits as appropriate. This will encompass our wide range of customers throughout the NHS and private sector in UK & ROI markets. The primary purpose of the role is to maintain and participate in systems and processes that ensure that the Roche IT installations are supported 24/7/365 days per year, whilst assisting in the implementing complex Laboratory IT and workflow projects alongside other Roche Engineering and Applications teams. Occasional travel to Europe and participation on 24/7/365 on-call rota is required for remote support and possible on site visits as approved by the manager.
The position necessitates a highly motivated individual who can provide strong service delivery and project management skills, along with self-leadership, training and coaching abilities to ensure the delivery of quality focused outcomes.
The IT Product Specialist working from our Burgess Hill office will have responsibility for IT system support, IT and workflow project implementation, training and IT consultancy to customers and other Roche business areas.
- IT Systems Support
- Work as part of an IT Systems support team to maintain Roche software applications hosted at the customer site.
- Telephone support and expert technical advice to customers and colleagues, regarding IT systems configuration, interfacing and application. Diagnose system root cause problems and rectify with the assistance of the team and customer systems administrator.
- Management of calls in the Roche CRM system to ensure correct process and procedures are followed for incident management and escalation.
- Use of remote access tools across the N3 (NHS Intranet) to ensure that SLA's are maintained for response times and other KPI's, whilst maintaining system security aligned to NHS and Hospital policies.
- Liaise with Global support for technical advice and incident management. Work alongside and manage 3rd parties as applicable e.g. Dell/HP.
- Implement Roche IT system software updates, upgrades and configuration changes, this will include workflow enhancement and analyser/Lab system interfacing i.e. LIS/ADT
- Support sales and tender processes with technical input and on site discussions.
- Consultancy to customer and business area sales and marketing departments.
- IT System implementation
- Project management and implementation of Roche IT system hardware and software applications utilising Prince II project management methodology.
- Work with customer, Roche and 3rd party technical implementation teams to ensure customer projects are achieved to expectations and delivered on time.
- IT System site surveys and architecture design including software application workflow and hardware implementations.
- Ability to liaise with customers and identify the specific Laboratory workflow and application requirements, with interpretation into the Roche IT system through customisation and configuration of the software and rule base management.
- Develop and implement system integration testing (SIT)and assist the customer with user acceptance testing (UAT) procedures aligned to Laboratory ISO 15189 standards.
- Work with the Lab/Hospital IT department to ensure Roche IT systems integrate with Laboratory Information System (LIS) and other Hospital host sub systems.
- Develop and deliver customer training programs as appropriate to the project.
- Administration & Communication
- Appropriate use of Roche CRM systems aligned to documented processes.
- Management of individual and project inventory as per documented processes.
- Submission of monthly reports and expenses to line manager as appropriate.
- Active communications with IT Services Manager and team to identify potential issues affecting customer satisfaction, product safety and quality or staff performance.
- Manage and maintain hardware and software updates and upgrades aligned to documented procedures.
- Collate and communicate relevant technical documents to customers and colleagues.
- Develop close collaboration and communication with other Roche affiliates and Global support teams to enhance the UK IT support services.
- Taking the initiative to continually develop local site knowledge, technical expertise and professional skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to positively engage with customers and colleagues
- Strong team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical and methodical approach
- Passionate about creating a career as an IT Product Specialist
- Interest in the sciences
- Desire to continuously learn and improve skillset
- A desire for self-improvement
- High attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Minimum of 2 A-Levels (Grade C or above) in addition to 5 GCSE grade A-C including Maths, English, IT and ideally a Science related subject
- Driving licence