Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design, engineering and project management expertise. With us, you’ll join a team that asks questions and dares to see things differently while engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
Join our Graduate Development Programme where you'll be trusted with complex work and supported by your peers, line managers and senior leaders. We’ll give you everything you need to thrive; from plenty of opportunities in areas you’re interested in, to flexibility for work, life and study – not to mention excellent training and support to develop professionally. Join us: you'll be in great company.
Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring. We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’.
Where you could work
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T):
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) team provides trusted advice and expert support to organisations in mission critical industries. So, when we say you’ll be making a difference, we mean your work will help keep people safe, protect our national interests, and overcome some of the biggest challenges our global community has ever faced.
Our approach is underpinned by our ability to draw on and effectively integrate our capabilities in several areas including:
• Engineering: We have a strong engineering heritage and deep technical expertise, which enable us to find innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients’ challenges.
• Project Management: We consistently demonstrate that we have the skills and experience to deliver large, complex projects including in highly regulated and safety- critical environments.
• Consulting: We’re all changing the way we live and work to respond to an ever- changing environment and unforeseen events. We help our clients navigate these changes and seize the opportunities that transformation can bring.
• Digital: We leverage technology to deliver the best results, measure our progress against targets, demonstrate value for money, and future- proof our client’s projects
Find out more about our ADS&T teams and locations.
Join the team that project manages some of our world's largest, most complex programmes and construction projects. As one of our Graduate Project Managers, you'll have the chance to plan and deliver on both large and niche projects. You could manage an eco-friendly build, like the Cambridge Mosque, or restore a major art centre, such as Edinburgh's Collective. We'll trust you to own your projects while supporting you to develop your skills and confidence.
Find out more about our Faithful+Gould teams and locations.
What you can bring
• A passion for working in a consultancy environment
• Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
• A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
• Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
• Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
• Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies.
Training and development
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into a wide variety of areas of work and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie.
Featuring a series of training events and modules, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience as well as practical skills development, you’ll work on real projects from day one, that offer scale and variety, collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation where applicable; so whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Meeting your needs
As well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives to support you:
• A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
• 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
• Flexible working arrangements
• Two paid annual volunteer days
• Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development
• Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to various company-wide development programmes
• An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
• Life #InsideAtkins - join hundreds of talented graduates, with opportunities from skill-building to social events, charity challenges, Young Professional Awards, social clubs, and exciting secondments.