New Name. New Era. We’re making some exciting changes to our company brands and uniting SNC-Lavalin, Atkins, and Faithful+Gould to become AtkinsRéalis. Aligned to this we’re introducing a brand new look.
This is a journey, and it will take time to evolve, so for early careers you will still see us as Atkins for the time being. Please be reassured that this doesn’t impact any of the roles you apply for – we’re still us, just better.
Atkins, operating under AtkinsRéalis is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design, engineering and project management expertise. With us, you’ll join a team that asks questions and dares to see things differently while engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
Join our Graduate Development Programme where you'll be trusted with complex work and supported by your peers, line managers and senior leaders. We’ll give you everything you need to thrive; from plenty of opportunities in areas you’re interested in, to flexibility for work, life and study – not to mention excellent training and support to develop professionally. Join us: you'll be in great company.
Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring. We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’.
Would you like to be a part of the future of the railway, working at one of the top three largest engineering consultancies in the world?
Our Rail Consulting business enables clients in the UK and across the globe to tackle their largest and most complex problems. Our teams are playing a pivotal role in the UK rail industry’s generation defining structural change, helping our clients to meet evolving passenger needs whilst driving devolution, decarbonisation, safety improvement and digital innovation across the industry.
Your work has the potential to shape the future of the railways, helping to create a world that’s cleaner, safer, faster and smarter. By joining our Graduate Development Programme, you will be supported and trusted to deliver complex, diverse, and exciting projects from day one. You’ll also get to work with some of the industry’s leading technical experts, working in a genuinely innovative and collaborative environment.
We’ll empower you to drive your own career in areas that excite you, whether that be as a world-leading technical specialist or with a focus towards strategic business management for and on behalf of our public and private sector clients. We also support you to work towards achieving professional accreditation through structured training and mentoring. We’ll expect you to challenge and improve how we do things, because we want to grow and change as much as you do. We’re passionate about what we do, but you’ll still have a positive and flexible, work-life balance whilst working in Rail Consulting.
With a diverse range of projects, clients, training and teams, your career in Rail Consulting will be as rewarding and varied as it is impactful!
Where you could work
Within our Rail Consulting practice, we transform people's journeys and the movement of goods, whilst increasing the efficiency, sustainability and safety of our transport systems and cities worldwide. So, it calls for diverse expertise.
Across all of our teams, you’ll be:
• Bidding, winning, and delivering work for a variety of UK and international clients.
• Working on a high range client outputs including design, technical investigation, consultancy advice, calculations, presentations and project and risk management.
• Given real responsibility from day one, supported by the industry’s best team of rail industry specialists.
Find out more about our Rail Consulting teams and locations.
What you can bring
• A passion for working in a consultancy environment
• Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
• A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
• Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
• Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
• Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies.
Training and development
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into a wide variety of areas of work and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie.
Featuring a series of training events and modules, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience as well as practical skills development, you’ll work on real projects from day one, that offer scale and variety, collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation where applicable; so whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Meeting your needs
As well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives to support you:
• A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
• 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
• Flexible working arrangements
• Two paid annual volunteer days
• Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development
• Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to various company-wide development programmes
• An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
• Life #InsideAtkins - join hundreds of talented graduates, with opportunities from skill-building to social events, charity challenges, Young Professional Awards, social clubs, and exciting secondments.