New Name. New Era. We’re making some exciting changes to our company brands and uniting SNC-Lavalin, Atkins, and Faithful+Gould to become AtkinsRéalis. Aligned to this we’re introducing a brand new look.
This is a journey, and it will take time to evolve, so for early careers you will still see us as Atkins for the time being. Please be reassured that this doesn’t impact any of the roles you apply for – we’re still us, just better.
Atkins, operating under AtkinsRéalis is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design, engineering and project management expertise. With us, you’ll join a team that asks questions and dares to see things differently while engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
Join our Graduate Development Programme where you'll be trusted with complex work and supported by your peers, line managers and senior leaders. We’ll give you everything you need to thrive; from plenty of opportunities in areas you’re interested in, to flexibility for work, life and study – not to mention excellent training and support to develop professionally. Join us: you'll be in great company.
Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring. We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’.
Where you could work
As a Safety and Risk graduate, you could find yourself in one of the following business areas:
Nuclear and Power:
Join the teams that have been engineering, delivering, managing and decommissioning nuclear facilities worldwide for over 20 years, from new builds like Hinkley Point C to on-site engineering for clients such as EDF. We're driving evolution in the areas of offshore generation and transmission, energy from waste, electric vehicle infrastructure and the integration of smart grid technology. And we're also proud to play a part in reaching net-zero by 2050.
Find out more about our Nuclear & Power teams and locations.
By combining traditional engineering and new innovative technologies, our teams make journeys easier, safer, and more reliable while supporting a greener and more productive society. Our work spans the full transport ecosystem, across Bridges & Civils, Highways, Rail, Central Rail Systems Alliance, and local transport projects. You'll feel a sense of pride working with our clients such as Highways England, Network Rail and Transport for London - to name a few.
Find out more about our Transportation teams and locations.
What you can bring
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies.
Training and development
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into a wide variety of areas of work and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie.
Featuring a series of training events and modules, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience as well as practical skills development, you’ll work on real projects from day one, that offer scale and variety, collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation where applicable; so whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Meeting your needs
As well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives to support you:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Two paid annual volunteer days
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to various company-wide development programmes
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Life #InsideAtkins - join hundreds of talented graduates, with opportunities from skill-building to social events, charity challenges, Young Professional Awards, social clubs, and exciting secondments.