PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The 10-week Summer Analyst Program provides students with an opportunity to master the skills needed to develop an exciting and rewarding career in Equity Research. Summer Analysts will undertake rotations across two industry teams providing them with an opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the most successful professionals in the industry. They will gain exposure to senior management and other representatives through lunches, seminars and social activities. Equity Research Summer Analysts also receive significant support from managers and mentors. Throughout the summer, Analysts will receive regular evaluation and feedback to support their ongoing development.
Summer Analysts participate in an orientation program that provides an overview of the Firm's businesses and aids the transition from the academic to the corporate world, creating the chance to establish a network across multiple businesses. Equity Research Summer Analysts will attend both Firmwide and divisional training where they learn the core skills required to be successful on the job. This includes financial analysis and modelling overviews, as well as larger presentations from leading Analysts, such as how to make better stock calls and develop proprietary insights.
• Rotate within two sector teams and work closely with leading Analysts to support a sector team franchise by completing value-added projects.
• Gather and analyse industry data to develop an industry vision; update and build financial models on multiple companies and industries.
• Analyse emerging trends in an industry or macroeconomy, write investment notes and reports to communicate your team's investment opinions to a sophisticated client base and assess relative stock valuations and review findings with senior team members.
*Salary is competitive with excellent benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
• You are a penultimate or final year (including Masters) student with outstanding academic achievements, and on track to achieve a minimum of 2.1 honours degree or equivalent in any degree discipline and with a strong interest in the financial markets.
• You have entrepreneurial spirit and are driven to deliver results.
• You have superb communication skills and are a team player.
• You are intellectually curious, focused and have excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• You have a keen research instinct and innovative problem-solving abilities.
• You are committed to excellence in your work and you maintain high professional and ethical standards.