Placement and Duration
The Investment Banking Off-cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Banking Division (IBD) by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. The internship typically lasts six months with entry points in either January or August, but can vary in length depending on business needs. You will spend your internship assigned to a specific group in a specific region, building basic skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of domestic and international transactions.
You will begin your programme with a week of induction, internal tools and technical training to support you in your entry to Investment Banking. Once you join your team and desk, you will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
• Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments.
• Creating financial models.
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and price transactions.
• Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
• Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
• You are fluent in English; ability to speak a second language at business fluency level is beneficial.
• You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
• You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
• You are a team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
• You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
• You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
• You have an excellent academic background, on track to/having achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) degree, and fluency in English; the ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is an advantage.
The deadline for application for this position is Sunday12th November 2023. Please note, we recruit on a rolling basis so application is encouraged as soon as possible.