PLACEMENT AND DURATION
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With 1,343 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 25 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (REI) is Morgan Stanley's integrated global real estate practice. We are the world's leading global real estate investment manager with over $60 billion in real estate assets under management across core, value-added and opportunistic investment vehicles. REI acquires properties, operating companies, and real estate backed departments on a global scale on behalf of our institutional investors.
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. This internship will offer you an exciting and a dynamic work environment where you get to work alongside our diverse group of experienced professionals. The work that you do will be interesting and varied.
The internship will commence in July 2024 and typically lasts six months.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
• Collecting and synthesizing financial and operating information about potential investment opportunities and industries
• Creating financial models
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value and price transactions
• Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm
• Attending team discussions and partner meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
• You will have to be graduated by July 2024 and be able to commit for a full-time internship role for six months
• Ability to analyse and interpret complex information quickly and accurately
• Strong aptitude for numbers
• Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly
• Temperament that thrives under pressure and changing situations
• Strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
• Results-driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
• Proven team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
• Committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards
• Fluency in English and in the local language based on the location you are applying for