Land Services Placement, Belfast
In this varied role as a Placement Student in the Land Services team in the Holywood, Belfast office, your role will be to provide land referencing and administrative support to a dynamic and professional team of 20+ Land Consultants.
As part of the WSP Environmental Team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team, support Ecologists in obtaining access for surveys, work alongside Environmental engineers and planners and demonstrate diligent inquiry to ensure that all potential interest in land are consulted with and notified under the relevant statutory process.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Support the Land Referencing team with Land Registry searches and assist in land title interpretation
- Provide database support to land referencing infrastructure and survey projects and maintain excellent record keeping of communication and a clear audit trail.
- Using webGIS, review title and land ownership information and mark up boundary amendments.
- Undertake desktop research to ensure quality of land ownership and land boundary information.
- Assist in the production of survey access agreement documentation.
- Provide Lands input to queries from the engineers in support of the preparation of EIA/ES documentation
- Manage incoming communication and associated data input, ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Carry out day to day office administrative functions to ensure all records and files are maintained and held securely and that confidentiality of information is upheld.
- Under supervision, assist in the preparation of documentation for landowner meetings.
- Assist with Project Management tasks if required
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff and customers.
- Undertake word processing and other clerical duties including the taking of notes at meetings when required.
- Monitor and report on your progress
- Follow company policies and procedures, in particular observing the importance of confidentiality.
- Monitor achievement of targets.
- Be an active and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly in to a delivery team.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are currently undertaking Geography, Land use and Environmental Management, Countryside Management, Biological Science or Geography-related degree.
- Have an agricultural background which would be beneficial
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Have experience working with the general public.
- Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have strong attention to detail and are conscientious.
- Have the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing .
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.