Duration of Apprenticeship:
As Marleon's Finance Assistant, you shall be responsible for managing and assisting with a wide range of financial duties. These will include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining financial activity data using accounting software
- Process supplier invoices and employee expense claims
- Request and reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis
- Assist with weekly BACS and payment runs
- Reconcile intercompany balances
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliations
- Monitor shared email address for incoming invoices, statements, queries etc.
- Sales Ledger, credit control and invoice tracking
- Assist with sales invoicing when required
- Assist with providing information for VAT Returns
- Assistance with management of Marleon's payroll
- Assist with Supplier and customer onboarding
- Production of bi-monthly financial reports to MD
Presently - you will be supported a welcoming team of staff and shall report directly to the Managing Director who you will work closely with. As a training provider ourselves, you shall be supported with your studies and business operations fully. You will be given opportunities to develop your skills and implement your own ideas and practices without KPIs or pressure - however, as a small business, we do demand a strong work ethic and positive attitude for you to succeed at Marleon.
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the full AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
5 GCSE's including Maths and English Grade 6 for Maths
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Organisation skills are essential
- Enjoys problem solving
- Willingness to learn
- Patience and calm demeanor
- Adaptability as the role shall evolve with employees capabilities
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you shall be offered a permanent, full time role at Marleon and be promoted on a competitive market salary.