Change Grow Live are a charity dedicated to the belief that we can make a difference to our Service Users lives, offering support and respect in a safe environment, treating each user as an individual and working with them to find the right treatment and care options.
Our core values are 'Be open, be compassionate and be bold' and our team members apply these daily to achieve our mission of helping people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential.
You'll have to record information about what you do, so enjoying a bit of paperwork and attention to detail is important. But most of the time you'll be enjoying working with people from all backgrounds, making a difference to their lives. No two days are the same and we treat every person who comes into our service as an individual, so being flexible, curious and a good listener are key
Some of the things you will learn about throughout your apprenticeship:
- How to support the recovery team in engaging people who have substance misuse problems, providing them with advice, support and recovery focused interventions to support their recovery and primary health care needs
- Over time and with training, build therapeutic relationships and deliver a tailor-made package of care
- How to participate in service user assessments and learn to develop individual recovery plans that clearly identify how achieving each goal will enable progression in addressing substance use and re/integrating into the community
- Service based recovery communities, and how they can support individual's recovery journeys
- How to accurately collect and record service based data
- Risk assessments and risk management and how to complete the relevant paperwork
- How other team members' work, such as prescribing clinicians, nurses and psychologists
- About the process of developing 'recovery resources' and accessing peer and mutual support groups so that you can support service users in developing their own recovery strategies
What we will give to you:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years' service
- Paid 'Wellness' hour each week along with a 'Wellness' hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits including discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
At Change Grow Live you will be working towards the Adult Care Worker Level 2 apprenticeship over the duration of 15 months.