Duration of Apprenticeship:
To support the Head of Finance in the delivery of robust financial information through the accurate recording of transactions, to safeguard the Clubs cash reserves enforcing credit control measures and to enhance the member experience demonstrating excellent customer service. Working with the wider Secretariate to establish best practices within the Clubs finance procedures.
Main Duties – duties will evolve as progression is made through the fully funded apprenticeship program
Accounts Payable (Supplier Accounts)
· Receiving invoice via email and post
· Obtaining the relevant authorisations
· Coding and posting the invoices to the accounting software
· Supplier statement reconciliations
· Collating suggested payment runs based on supplier payment terms
· Posting direct debit supplier payments
Accounts Receivable (Members/Customer Accounts)
· Posting daily bank receipts
· Posting membership charges to member accounts
· Resolving member queries
· Taking credit card payments
· Banking cheques and cash
Credit Control (Outstanding Member Balances)
· Sending monthly statements
· Recovering overdue balance via email, letter and phone
· Liaising with the Membership Manager to withdraw credit facilities on accounts where monies remain unpaid
Technical and Personal Skills
· A desire to becoming a Qualified Accountant
· An interest in the hospitality industry
· The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbal and written
· Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and to possess strategic thinking skills.
· A good eye for detail and desire to take responsibility for resolving issues.
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
Degree (Grade 2:1) Essential
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- A desire to becoming a Qualified Accountant
- An interest in the hospitality industry
- A good eye for detail and desire to take responsibility for resolving issues.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel and Word
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbal and written
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and to possess strategic thinking skills.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will have all the knowledge and skill to be a Finance Manager or Financial Controller.