At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Asia Pacific, North America, Africa and UK & Europe.
Overview / Purpose:
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as a DevOps apprentice.
The Apprentice Technical Consultant - Hosting role is part of the specialist Consultancy team who create, maintain and support client implementation pipelines and hosted environments through to Production.
This includes support for our cloud hosted environments and live service, as well as providing appropriate expert advice, guidance and support to those clients that self-host.
At this role level you will be spending a significant proportion of your time shadowing others and building on your knowledge of hosting and deployment tools.
You will learn to be responsive to needs from internal and external clients, and support all technical aspects of environment and pipeline management, infrastructure, deployment and support.
£25,000 per annum.
Key responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to:]
- Collaborating with other teams, understanding their problem statements and assisting in managing client releases
- Help to support technical workshops and meetings including producing minutes and actions and where appropriate; seeing these through to completion
- Working with clients, partners and internal development teams
- Supporting the development and maintenance of documentation including suitable presentations, documents, white papers and response libraries as required
- Point of contact on and off site for technical guidance pre and post implementation
- Supporting the delivery of Iress products
- Supporting the deployment processes
- Helping to ensure that all technical decisions are ratified by the product team
- Contributing to client’s end-to-end design documents
What we are looking for:
Desired skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and processes, build and release management toolsets
- Ability to use building and virtualisation technologies e.g. Docker, K8s
- Experience in developing scripts in numerous languages to automate frequently performed tasks
- Familiarity with operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Good understanding of automated testing and deployment monitoring tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills to nurture the relationship between teams and encourage collaboration
- Willing to learn new skills and technologies; positive, can-do attitude
- Experience of at least 1 project through the full life cycle
- Understanding of modern technologies and specifically development and build of enterprise scale multi-tier web based solutions, ideally in a Microsoft .NET environment
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship
- OR A-Level in a STEM subject (in Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- OR BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- OR two years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
40 hours per week,
Monday - Friday.
- 8 paid days per year to extend your weekends + 25 days annual leave
- Annual Leave (Buy/sell back options)
- State-of-the-art offices
- Free Gym at the Cheltenham Office
- Casual dress, Hybrid & Flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Starting school leave - 8.5 days of leave to assist your kids with the transition to school
- Life, Income & Private Medical Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Policy
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.