What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Follow the Development Life Cycle
- Designing simple Software Solutions to meet user requirements using Tools and Techniques
- Deal with Incidents
- Project Manage your own Work Load
- Collaboration in meetings with the Development Team
Why choose our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship?
Our Software Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship gives learners advance skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems.
Learners will also gain an understanding on advanced programming, systems and software development projects. Software Development is at the heart of digital transformation. With demand for services to be consumed online by both clients and employees increasing exponentially, software developers are in high demand. Software Engineers build and test high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
QA's Software Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Build advanced skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems
- Receive training on end-to-end software dev stack, as opposed to hyper-focusing on one area of development
- Develop more advanced applications
- A permanent role within the Companies Data Team and salary boost may be offered after successfully completing the apprenticeship - with an opportunity for further training and development
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Non judgemental Qualifications
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Software Development Apprenticeship with QA (Grade Level 3) Desired