About the apprenticeship
• Meet and greet patients, members of the public, staff and visitors to the department in a friendly and courteous manner
• Deal with enquiries in person and over the telephone appropriately, efficiently, courteously, promptly and discreetly, recognising the different needs of the individuals
• Electronically inputting, recording patient information and updating patient files as per health board, department policies
• Sorting incoming and outgoing post, obtaining signatories for registered mail
• Photocopy, scan and fax as and when necessary
• Maintain department diaries
Good keyboard skills Team player Pro-active can do approach Ability to communicate effectively and confidently
Team player Friendly ,Confident manner, Reliable Willing to learn Flexible approach, Trustworthy.
Ability to maintain confidentiality ,Ability to present a positive and professional image for the Health Board
Good standard of general education / GCSE in English and Mathematics
Welsh Spoken Skills: Yes Welsh Written Skills: No
Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Training provider course:
Business and Administration L2
About the employer
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB)
Ysbyty Bryn Y Neuadd
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
To be arranged