Who you’ll be working for:
SAR Computing have been using our IT expertise to help small and medium sized UK businesses grow and have seamless IT solutions. Our belief is that no matter the size of a business, everyone deserves to have a top quality and managed IT support team helping them with every aspect of the business IT infrastructures.
What’s in it for you:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Web Developer Apprentice to join our IT team! You will gain experience of both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of latest industry trends and content management systems. This job has 25% of a basic IT support role as well. You will learn lifelong IT skills so we believe this job will be suited to those who really want to grow their career.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing page layouts including font, text size and colours
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs
- Registering web domain names and organising the hosting of the website
- Presenting initial design ideas to clients
- Designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- Proofreading content and making changes where necessary
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Carrying out coding using a variety of software
- Writing and dispatching email marketing campaigns
You will need the following skills:
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- 28 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Casual dress code in the office
- Coffee machine
- Free tea/coffee/fruit
- Regular staff lunches (paid for by company)
- Pension contribution matching
- 7 GCSEs total
- English GCSE grade D or above
- Other 6 GCSEs, including Maths, to be C or above
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 4:30pm
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.
Interested? Apply now!