Who you’ll be working for:
SAR Computing are looking for a talented and motivated IT Support Technician apprentice who is willing to go above and beyond. Having helped many businesses since 2007, our knowledge and commitment to providing excellent, proactive IT services means that your clients receive first class IT solutions.
What’s in it for you:
You will not only be supporting our current clients, but you will also be implementing new strategy and software to improves the technology within their businesses. This will include, CRM, Backup strategy, Microsoft Azure and Office 365 as well as complying with the new cyber security strategy.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide technical support and assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for staff via phone, in person, or electronically
- Install, upgrade, support Windows 10/11, and Microsoft Office as well as other authorised desktop applications
- Setting up new equipment for new starters
- Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot for printers, mobile, laptop and other peripherals
- Regular maintenance and patching of infrastructure, end points as well as on servers
- Managing backup strategy
- Managing website and domain names
- Administration and reports including domains, software licenses, servers and creating reports as and when needed
You will need the following skills:
- Able to talk about technology in simple terms
- A logical thinker
- An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Like to keep up to date with the latest technology
- 28 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Casual dress code in the office
- Coffee machine
- Free tea/coffee/fruit
- Regular staff lunches (paid for by company)
- Pension contribution matching
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information please visit the UK ENIC website.
32.5 hours per week, 9am - 4:30pm
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.
Interested? Apply now!