Cardonet is a privately owned IT Support and IT Services business formed in 1999. We’re proud to boast a strong team of IT engineers who thrive on rolling up their sleeves, solving your IT problems, and meeting business needs.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
The 1st Line Support Engineer will be acting as the first point of contact of our customers whilst helping us deliver a high quality support to all our clients at all times.
The apprentice will be responsible to solve and fix customer problems and escalate more complex issues to our 2nd Line Support Team.
You will also be setting the internal standards in delivery, record keeping, reliability and time management.
£25,000 per annum.
- Respond efficiently to support requests coming from all channels
- Responsibly for smooth handling of all incoming calls, and raising tickets on our helpdesk database
- Take time to review user history before attending to any request
- Provide a proactive escalation point as and when required to resolve
- Liaise with partners and third parties companies to resolve client’s issues
- Work to resolve and respond to issues based on agreed customer SLAs
- Creating documentation and or documenting solutions in the service desk tools
- Conduct in-house IT support for internal users as and when required
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Helpdesk Manager, Operations Director or Managing Partners
What we are looking for:
- Ability to engage meaningfully with all stakeholders
- Any technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Great organisation and problem solving skills
- Confidence to build relationships and deal with variety of situation
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Get real world experience
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- Work flexibly around your training
- Be part of a great team
- Put your computing skills to good use
- Work with some exiting brands
- Get exposed to leading technology
- Learn from a friendly team
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
We are keen for you to join us full-time when you have successfully completed your studies.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.