Who are we?
Space Engineering Services are a well-established Air Conditioning and Refrigeration company based in Brislington. We provide refrigeration solutions to the food retail, food processing and distribution and non-food sectors. Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, we've been providing highly innovative bespoke products and services solutions since 1988.
We are currently looking for a 1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer to join our IT team based at our head office in Brislington, Bristol.
You will have ambition and a growth mindset so you will be keen to learn, progress and are willing to study to become a technical professional.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a welcoming, dynamic company offering a great culture and the chance to build a successful career.
£18,000 per annum.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all communications to the IT helpdesk, phone calls, and emails are answered promptly and in a professional and courteous manner
- Responding to requests for support by identifying, logging and categorising incidents
- Resolve issues at first contact using standard operating procedures and knowledge base
- Troubleshooting and resolving basic technical issues
- Ensuring users are provided with regular updates, and progression is made in line with Service Level Agreements
- Ensuring that all actions and diagnostics performed are recorded accurately in the helpdesk management tool
- Building, installation and configuration of computer / mobile hardware and software
- Maintaining new starters and leavers including inducting new starters into the business
What we are looking for:
Essential skills and experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills, verbal / written communication, and telephone manner
- Logical problem solver
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Some experience working on an IT help desk
- Experience working with 3rd party software/solution providers
- Desktop support experience with familiarity around laptop and desktop builds running the latest versions of Microsoft Windows
- Active Directory Administration (passwords, users, groups, permissions)
- Office 365 Administration (passwords, users, groups, permissions)
It is important that you have some relevant technical and help desk experience.
Travel to our branch offices may be required from time to time, therefore you must hold a valid clean UK driving license.
You will love what you do, take pride in your work, and always look to go the extra mile. You have a willingness to learn from others while striving to benefit and add value to our workforces.
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday (08:30 to 17:00) with home working.
What's in it for you?
We believe that success is built from within and as an employee of Space Engineering Services we will invest in you. We will invest in your training. We will invest our time and energy to help you develop your career and become the very best you can be in your field of work.
- A great working office environment surrounded by a supportive team in a rewarding role
- 22 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to the latest technology
- Access to technical online training to aid your personal progression
- Staff and Customer referral scheme
- Great transport links with free onsite parking
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.