ThingCo is an insurtech company, focused on developing next generation telematics for the insurance and mobility markets. ThingCo has built a suite of revolutionary b2b and b2c products and services to address the weaknesses in the current marketplace using ThingCo’s deep understanding of telematics.
With multiple new partners lined up to go live in the coming weeks with ThingCo products and services, and a successful fundraising round completed in December 2020.
Overview about the job:
We are looking for a enthusiastic, reliable and motivated person to become an apprentice.
With your can-do attitude, join us as a member of our platform support team working from our modern Cramlington offices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the platform support team
- Support and maintain cloud solutions required by multiple client project, both during development and when live
- Prepare and execute device tests
- Support, modify and maintain 3rd party technologies to software solutions of medium to moderate complexity
- Provide technical support to Customer Support teams
- Resolution of calls ranging from simple password resets to complex system queries
- Escalation of calls to Development Team as necessary
- Provide Company-wide IT support
Required skills / Personal qualities:
- Strong moral standing
- Willingness to learn
- Can do attitude
- Excellent time keeping
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
What is in it for you / Benefits:
- Be part of an exciting growing company with potential to progress
- 24 days annual leave
- Modern office on a brand-new business park in Cramlington
- Friendly company
- Onsite gym
- Full training given
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.