We are an innovative and trusted manufacturer and supplier of specialised procedure packs and vascular access devices to hospitals across the world.
At Kimal, we are proud of our achievements but we never sit back on our laurels, as we strive to continuously improve in all aspects of the products and service we give to our worldwide customer base.
Purpose of the role:
Due to the ongoing expansion of the business, we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our company as an apprentice IT Support Technician.
£15,000 per annum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner relating to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software
- Ensure the IT Helpdesk system is kept up-to-date and that all tickets/incidents are tracked via the system. Regularly review open tickets, and update accordingly with relevant information
- Equipment preparation for new users and returns including PC’s, Printers, Laptops, Mobile Phones, Tablets etc.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Assisting with the IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Assisting with basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution and support: VPN and Remote Desktop
- Helping to maintain system documentation
- Clearly communicating with end-users as required: Keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate effectively
- Working closely with IT Support Manager, System Administrator, and 1st & 2nd Line Technicians
What we are looking for:
Skills and abilities:
- Basic IT skills
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and drive
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Hours of work are:
8.30am – 5.15pm, Monday – Thursday,
8.30am – 3.30pm Friday.
Total hours per week: 38.5.
- Cash back medical plan
- Dual Employee participation scheme
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Contributory pension up to 12%
- Employee Assistance Program
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.