About Gemini Group:
Gemini Communications was established in 1999, we have been providing the best service, the highest quality equipment and all the latest technology, to our customers through generations. Our customers are at the heart of everything that we do, and they range from construction, legal, manufacturing, media, schools and other IT specialists.
We are looking for a motivated apprentice, who carries a passion for customer service and IT, where we are looking to develop the learner with a Level 3 qualification that homes in on technologies that makes businesses thrive.
Based in Carlisle within our IT Department, you will work closely with all members of the team to assist with various aspects of IT repairs, installations, and migrations.
If you’re a driver / have a driver licence, it will be advantageous as there will be an opportunity to work with our customers at their office sites in the future, which could see you developing you into a full time mobile engineer.
Salary: £17,550 per annum.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support for IT issues raised through the helpdesk system via telephone, on-site and remote support
- Configure and install new desktops, laptops, Wireless Access points and printers
- Assist in the installation and testing of new software, hardware and servers
- Troubleshooting networking issues with Wireless AP’s, switches, routers, etc.
- Work towards achievement of objectives & KPI’s
- Supporting Operating Systems
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Good communications skills
- Display a practical and methodical approach
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work either in a team or independently
- Ability to use own initiative within set boundaries
- Has a genuine desire to learn and develop within an IT based role
- The ability to comply with workplace regulations, including Health and Safety regulations
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
40hrs a week.
- Christmas bonus
- Social bonding events
- 23 days annual leave
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme.
You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.