Inology IT is a growing IT Support and Managed Services Provider, based just outside of Central Manchester. We have an upcoming vacancy for a talented support professional looking to work in the SME sector. Expect to play a leading role in supporting our clients remotely and onsite.
Our small, friendly team has worked together for over 13 years to provide outsourced IT installation and support for various clients.
We have a diverse and loyal client base spanning many sectors.
We are looking to expand the team with an IT Support Apprentice who can join us in offering affordable, friendly and practical support.
The IT Apprentice will work closely with the IT team to learn and support the company’s technological infrastructure. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and training in various IT disciplines within a professional setting.
- Technical Support: Assist the IT team with first-level employee support addressing software, hardware, and network issues.
- System Maintenance: Regularly update and maintain computer systems, ensuring software is up-to-date and hardware is in optimal working condition.
- Network Management: Learn and assist in managing the company's local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN).
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 Management: Support the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of applications in Microsoft Azure and Office 365 environments.
- Apple Business Manager: Assist in setting up, managing, and troubleshooting devices and applications using Apple Business Manager.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery: Collaborate with the IT team to ensure data is backed up regularly and assist in developing and testing disaster recovery plans.
- Cybersecurity: Support the IT team in implementing and maintaining security protocols, ensuring the company's data and systems are protected.
- Documentation: Maintain records of IT assets, software licenses, and user manuals.
- Project Assistance: Collaborate with the IT team on various projects, from system upgrades to new software implementations.
Training: Attend regular training sessions and workshops to enhance IT skills and knowledge.
What we are looking for / desired skills and qualities:
- Basic understanding of computer systems, networks, and software applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Salary: £14,000 per annum.
Working week: 37.5hrs a week.
Benefits you'll receive:
- 28 days a year holiday including bank holidays
- Birthday holiday
- Support with training and instruction
- A friendly and dynamic place to work
- A salary package that will honestly reflect your abilities and input
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.