Uptivity is an innovation award winning technology based in Newcastle.
The company offers a diverse range of Business Applications. Uptivity is getting a lot of interest and enquiries from not only the UK based customers but also from the Europe, North America, Middle East, and Asia.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
We’re looking for energetic and ambitious team players who can not only help in their core roles but also be willing to go the extra mile.
£14,000 - £16,000 per annum.
Duties: [will include doing / learning:]
- The Cloud infrastructure of subscription-based Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Hosted Cloud Services Management tools such as cPanel, AWS, DNS, Domains Hosting, Cloud Backups, Cloud Emails etc.
- Cloud hosted Databases management & security such as MySQL
- Cloud DevOps processes that includes Code Management systems such as GitHub
- Administration & management of local servers, routers, printers, switches, network topologies
- Fill out details of issues, cause & resolutions
- Explain complex technical processes to non-technical people in simple terms that they can understand
Desirable skills and experience:
- Already have or willing to develop strong customer services skills
- Presentable & confident individual with good communication skills, able to communicate well in person, remote and in writing
- Already have or willing to develop strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues & customers based around the world
Highly organised; able use of the CRM system efficiently to keep on top of internal and external priorities
- You need to be willing to travel to events and customers - if needed
- Driver’s licence would be advantageous, but it is not essential
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Out of hours:
Being a technical role, there will be times to work out of the office hours occasionally for urgent issues and planned maintenance as per the business needs e.g., upgrading servers or solving an urgent issue for the customer.
Time off in lieu will be given.
- 20 days paid leaves/annum plus the public holidays.
- Free staff car park and great transport links
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who believes in hard work and the right individuals will be given opportunities to have a career progression within the company as the business grows.
You will be provided full trainings, support and mentorship by the management team.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.