Through our Forever Sport programme, and working alongside our partner schools, you will play a vital role in helping children to fall in love with sport and enjoy being active. Outside of Forever Sport delivery, BSF offer education programmes, pupil mentoring, lunch clubs, after school clubs, sports festivals, community hubs and holiday camps. Each offer a safe and inclusive learning environment for children to learn, develop, and try a variety of sports in a relaxed setting. Coaches will deliver lunch clubs and after school clubs daily, whereas holiday camps take place in the school holidays and our community hubs take place on weekday evenings and at the weekend (basketball only).
This Apprenticeship Offering is in Partnership with Coach Core. Coach Core's vision is to drive social mobility through apprenticeships and sport, so that every young person can reach their true potential and inspire those around them. Since our launch in 2012, we have worked with over 150 of the biggest sports providers, youth clubs and charities in the country, supporting over 500 young people.
If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead an active, healthy, happy lifestyle.
- Working alongside experienced coaches to support various activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of lessons, taking the lead with small groups as directed.
- Supporting the head coach with reporting on participant progress and development.
- Assisting with the wider activities of Bristol Sport Foundation, which may include administration tasks, social media, marketing, and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of those involved in your sessions.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.
As an apprentice with Bristol Sport Foundation, you will be studying towards a 12-18 month qualification that will be the Community Coach Activator Level 2 Apprenticeship.
At BSF, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BSF believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a charity, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.