A wonderful opportunity has become available at The Sheraton Grand Park Lane, Marriott hotel, for an enthusiastic apprentice to join the team as a Food and Beverage apprentice.
You will need to be enthusiastic and hard working and ready to contribute towards the perfect customer experience.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, the best meals aren’t just made by our brilliant chefs. They’re made even more memorable by the great service our guests enjoy. As one of our Food & Beverage Apprentice’s, you’ll make sure you know every dish on the menu, so you can make recommendations and answer any questions customers may have. You’ll make sure their food and drinks are served quickly, efficiently and with a smile - and if there are any issues, you’ll deal with them right away. Thanks to you, our guests will feel well-fed, happy and wanting to come back for more.
What you’ll do
You’ll work alongside a team of passionate individuals with many years of experience, you will be allocated a work place mentor to help support you in the workplace. You will be working within our Food & Beverage outlets and learning skills such as:
- Take guests’ food and beverage orders and process these through MICROS
- Learn how to correctly set tables, clear plates and carry food and beverages
- Make recommendations on menu items and taking opportunities to upsell where appropriate
- Ensure that all customers enjoy quick and efficient service, and check with them that the meal is meeting their expectations
- Ensure that the restaurant is set up and ready for each service period
- Take responsibility for ensuring the overall cleanliness of the restaurant and buffet area
- Learn about the variety of drinks on offer
- Learn how to serve drinks correctly and with the correct garnish
As well as on the job training, your Level 2 program and certificate will be completed over a 24 month period and includes time spent at the beginning of the programme completing your enrolment & initial functional skills assessments, as well as an End point assessment to complete your training and gain your qualification. A qualified Assessor will visit you in the workplace periodically.
What we’re looking for
- A warm, people-oriented demeanour
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
Perks you deserve
In addition to your wages, we have great benefits for our associates:
- Meals - Tasty and Varied Meals in our Associate Dining Facility
- Uniform & dry-cleaning service
- Discounts – Marriott Benefits Hub - Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants, cinema’s and more
- Travel - Discounted Hotel Accommodation Worldwide for you and your Friends & Family, 20% F&B Discount, 30% Retail Discount & 20% Spa Discount in Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- Holidays - 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing with service
- Pay - Annual Performance Related Pay Review
- Service Charge - Eligibility to receive Service Charge
- Take Care - Access to our Take Care Emotional Wellbeing Resources & Associate Assistance Service
- Develop and Grow - Comprehensive Training and Development programs
- Career - career progression opportunities are endless as the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide
- Celebrate - Awards and Recognition Celebrations
- Events - Monthly Calendar of Associate Focused & Fun Events
With this role you will be working 40 hours per week over 5 days, including weekends with a variety of early and late shifts.
As an apprentice you can also apply for an NUS card!
Please see link below with further information
NUS Apprentice extra
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We invite, we welcome, and we connect guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experience, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton. Join us on our mission to be ‘The World’s Gathering Place’. In joining Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.