About the University of Sunderland
The University of Sunderland offers life-changing opportunities for 27,500 students across its campuses in Sunderland, London, Hong Kong, and through global partnerships with learning institutions in 15 countries. We're proud to be a top 50 UK university (Guardian University Guide 2023), with top-quality facilities, inclusive culture, and our vibrant, ever-changing city.
Are you looking for a career within Digital Technology, using your digital skills in an education environment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join the University of Sunderland's Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching (CELT) as a Learning Technologist Apprentice.
About the role
The Centre provides a key role in supporting academics and students. We provide and support the systems they need, from the industry leading Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Canvas to Microsoft Teams for technology enhanced learning, Panopto for lecture capture, and Mahara for electronic student-owned portfolios, along with many others. We support our academic community to teach and to learn by building high quality learning materials in collaboration with academics, taking them right the way through storyboarding new programmes using Universal Design for Learning, to creating eye-catching, engaging and pedagogically sound module spaces within Canvas.
The successful candidate will gain valuable new skills and knowledge working within an experienced team. As well as learning on the job, the successful candidate will also benefit from 20% off the job training to learn the theory behind what they are doing and gain an understanding of the principles of Learning Technology.
What you can bring
The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, with a keen interest in technology enhanced learning and be prepared to work across the whole team and step in as, where and when required. You should be familiar with the University's ongoing plans and policies, in particular the Student Success Plan 2025.
What we can offer you
The University of Sunderland is not just a place of academic excellence, but also a community that embraces inclusivity and support. We value our staff and offer a rewarding package that goes beyond just salary. Joining our team comes with a host of benefits designed to enhance your work-life balance and overall well-being.
- Enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days, along with an additional 5 closure days over the Christmas break and 8 Bank Holidays.
- Enrolment into our workplace pension scheme, ensuring your financial security for the future.
- As part of our commitment to your well-being, we offer the My Lifestyle Benefits Platform, where you can enjoy online discounts at hundreds of retailers every day. Plus, take advantage of exclusive schemes that allow you to purchase a new car, bike, or technology at a discounted rate.
- Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we provide access to private medical insurance, health cash plans, and guidance on financial well-being.
- For those with young children, our on-site nursery offers exceptional care and education for children from birth to school age, operating throughout the year.
- Maintaining an active lifestyle is made easy with discounted membership for CitySpace Fitness, our state-of-the-art facility for sports and social activities.
At the University of Sunderland, we prioritise not only your professional growth but also your happiness and well-being.
Equality, diversity & inclusion
We strongly believe that an inclusive university, where a diverse range of individuals feel valued and have equal opportunity to get into work and reach their potential, is good for our staff, students, university, and society.
Our work on equality, diversity and inclusivity has never been more important. We believe inclusivity is an essential value at the heart of what we do, and we want all our staff to be part of that journey with us.
Our recent staff survey conducted in 2023 showed that 97% of our staff believed that we were committed to achieving an inclusive university.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26th September 2023
For informal enquiries about this position, please contact Daniel Henton, TEL Systems Manager at email@example.com