Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37 hours – Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm and Friday is 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Hybrid working – at least one day a week in the office).
- 25 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays), rising to 30.
- Birthday as additional annual leave.
- Pension contributions of 5%.
- Group Life and Income protection schemes - Critical Illness & Death in Service (subject to 6 months continuous service).
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies.
- Company Sick Pay (subject to qualifying period).
- Onsite parking (first come first served).
- Commitment to flexible/hybrid working practices.
- Few minutes’ walk from Wilmslow town centre and train station.
- Experience of working in an ethical, values driven business that is committed to supporting the Mutual sector.
About the company:
Mutual Vision (MV) specialises in delivering core banking and consumer focussed digital banking solutions to Building Societies specialist banks and other specialist lenders.
MV has recently developed an exciting new strategy to transform and grow the business and disrupt the market it serves by creating a Digital Platform / Ecosystem. This entails delivering a range of in-house and third-party products and technologies to its customers and their users as well as developing a community of solution providers.
MV has a unique business model where it is wholly owned by its customers who are keen to invest to drive the business forward. Due to our ownership structure, 100% of our resources are re-invested in growing the business and its products and services for the benefit of its customer community.
MV passionately cares about the sector it serves and adopts the same mutual ethos of collaboration and ethical, values driven business conduct of the customers it serves. MV regularly develops and crowd-funds products and solutions in collaboration with its customers and is keen to further develop innovative ways of working with its customers for mutual benefit.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Application Support Analyst Apprentice with Mutual Vision, a Digital Banking Company based in Wilmslow.
The role will require learning three products to a high level of detail and supporting our customers (Primarily Building Societies) via our Service Desk tool, with a high level of customer service and meeting agreed SLAs.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- The ability to analyse, diagnose and solve customer problems across a broad range of business applications.
- To be able to provide a customer focused service by taking ownership of any assigned tasks.
- Must be of a curious nature and be proactive about becoming a subject matter expert in our product set.
- You must be able to assist customers in a confident and respectful manner, as the first line into the company.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Desirable Skills Required:
- Experience of working on multi-tier applications, especially in large-scale environments.
- To develop a sense for continuous service improvement while undertaking tasks.
- Experience of assisting customers using different communications channels; telephone, instant messaging, video
- A practical knowledge and passion for new technologies will be an asset in this role.
- A proven ability working in an efficient manor, managing your own time.
- Experience utilising industry standard software in order to efficiently complete tasks and communicate with our customers, Microsoft Office, JIRA service desk or alternative service desk management software.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Quick learner.
- Good at working as a team.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.