Harper Macleod are currently seeking a Legal Administration Apprentice to join the Debt & Recovery team within their Glasgow office. This team deal with all aspects of debt recovery for a wide range of clients including businesses, individuals and landlords.
Based in the city centre, you will work for an organisation that provide expert advice on areas such as personal injury, employment law and medical negligence. You will pro-actively provide an efficient, organised and professional administrative service by ensuring that the team have the appropriate support for all aspects of their work activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop within a business that has supported over 60 apprentices through their qualification in partnership with QA!
You will be working towards an SCQF Level 6 Diploma in Digital Application Support.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating committal/liability order cases on Lawsoft (internal system - don't worry, you will receive training on this!)
- Service court actions / liability orders
- Sending licences to Sheriff courts or to archive
- Arranging signatures and sending out notices
- Sending letters
- Saving in scanned mail
- Sorting, scanning and storing electronic mail via MS Outlook
- Closing matters and sending files to store
- General admin duties
- Full training will be provided
You will need the following skills:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure, often with short notice
- Ability to use initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working with data or creating content
£19,838 per annum
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Pension scheme
- Critical illness protection
- Life assurance
- Discounted conveyancing on sales and purchases
- Discounted eyecare
- Charity donation through payroll
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy additional leave option
- Extra holidays at Christmas
- CSR days
- Funding for external training
- Recruitment finder’s fee
- Additional discounts
- 4pm birthday finish
Should you perform well in this role there is an opportunity for you to take up a permanent position at the end of your qualification. Many of our previous apprentices are still with the company. Future salary will be discussed should you be offered a permanent role.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!