Helpdesq is a friendly and progressive IT support company differentiated from our competitors by our focus on PEOPLE rather than just technology. Of course, we have highly trained technical staff and use some of the best tools in the industry and take a pride in what we do but we are all about easing the pain of technology for real people in their jobs and personal lives and being enjoyable to deal with.
We are looking to recruit a Helpdesk Apprentice and you could be just the person we’re looking for.
A bit about you ...
You are a motivated, focused, organised individual with a hunger and passion for all things technology. You take in pride in what you do and want a chance to prove that you can be the best. You love dealing with people and solving problems. You are a great communicator. You are confident in your abilities, but you are a team player. You are logical with an attention to detail. You thrive when working under pressure. You want to grow and are motivated to always learn more. You will be the sort of person who is relentless in the pursuit of delivering more than is expected with exceptional quality.
Is this you? Then read on …
We do want the best. If you tick the majority of the boxes below, feel free to apply. If not don’t worry – keep in touch – we are a growing business and other opportunities will arise.
Helpdesk Apprentice Role
This is an apprenticeship opportunity, for people aged over 16, under the National Apprenticeship Scheme leading to Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer qualification. It is approximately a 15 Month programme with a combination of workshops and on the job learning. In this role you will get paid while you learn!
The working part of the role will include:
- First line telephone and remote support and on occasions assistance with onsite projects where required
- Liaison with third party service providers and suppliers where required
Maintenance of records and notes as required through current helpdesk platform
This means that as your knowledge and experience grows you will be expected to:
- Answer, action and monitor centralised IT Service Desk phone calls
- Carry out initial Incident diagnostics, resolve with a first line fix where possible or escalate to other areas of the IT Department to resolve if necessary
- Use your skills to support customers via telephone, remote access tools and on occasions on sites
- Update all records in a timely manner, with appropriate information pertaining to the full life cycle of the support call
- Liaise with second line support personnel, as required
You will be given full support in the role and a future development programme beyond the initial apprenticeship towards more senior, specialist technical roles.
Desired skills and attributes:
- A full UK driving licence is required due to our office location in the Surrey countryside.
- In addition to your training and qualifications, you will receive a salary of £17,000 per annum.
- You will also receive 20 days paid holiday (rising to 23 days between 5- and 10-years’ service) in addition to public holidays.
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship and a high standard of performance during the programme will potentially lead to an offer of employment as a qualified Helpdesk Technician within our support department.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed. Apply now.