Are you eager to kickstart a rewarding career in IT and join the digital revolution?
North Lanarkshire council support a wide range of infrastructure, projects, education and create positive changes for those who live and work in the North Lanarkshire region. They are looking for an IT Service Desk Apprentice eager to kickstart their career on the front line of their Helpdesk Team.
You will be the face of technology, interacting with and supporting colleagues with IT issues and incidents while contributing to exciting business projects. Furthermore, gaining exposure to both system administration and application support elements; this role is very diverse and offers fantastic opportunity for new experiences and follow-on progression!
What you will learn:
- To assess and respond to incidents logged according to customer and priority needs, while aiming to reach a resolution in agreement with relevant SLAs and maximise customer satisfaction
- Log all incoming calls, chats, web and emails to the service desk
- Ensure all information is accurately recorded in the service management tool ServiceNow
- Ensure that incidents/requests are assigned to the correct resolver team
- Take ownership of logged incidents/requests, tracking the progress of all calls and follow-up with the customer to ensure that they are satisfied with the resolutions, ensuring the incident log is accurately updated at all stages
- Coordinate with Incident Management to ensure that service outages are correctly communicated to the business or affected users
- Plan and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines and targets are met while following processes to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to both internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up to date with new processes, procedures and developments
You will need the following skills:
- Passion for IT
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in problem solving
- Desire to build relationships within the Service Desk Team and the wider organisation
£14,000 - £20,048 (dependent on age)
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 27 days annual leave & 6 bank holidays
- Competitive Occupational Pension
- Access to discounts through NLife Reward Site
- Hybrid working
- Learning and development opportunities
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
Throughout your apprenticeship you are supported by your skills coach and your account manager. They work with your line manager to ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
At the end, as well as the valuable experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification.
Interested? Apply now!