We are pleased to confirm that we are once again open for apprenticeship applications for trainee Pharmacy Technicians! Following successful completion of the course you will be offered a substantive (permanent) post within Leicestershire Health Service.
We have eight apprenticeship jobs available in:
- Level 3 Pre-Registration Pharmacy Technicians (PTPTs)
The duration of the course at Level 3 will be 24 months.
Applications are open to all ages, whether you are a school leaver, or further on in your career and fancy a change.
We are looking for people who:
Main duties of the job
- Must have Maths and English skills equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above; or from 2017 GCSE Level 4 or above; or Functional Skills at Level 2 or above
- Can show they are conscientious, caring, respectful and personable
- Have good interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can always maintain confidentiality of information
- Are capable of working as part of a team
- Flexible due to the requirement of working an internal rotation
You will the opportunity to access work and earn a wage as you learn on the job. It is part of the Trusts grow our own workforce for the future programme. Being an apprentice, this may be your first step of a career in the NHS. It is an opportunity for you to experience work, study, and learn new skills.
- Work towards achieving a Level 3 apprenticeship education programme. During the apprenticeship you will undertake work-based assessments, complete all assignments/projects relating to the apprenticeship framework and present evidence portfolios for assessment within specified timeframes for apprenticeship accreditation.
- Be assessed throughout the Apprenticeship contract with regard to practice and education and be expected to complete the essential elements of the apprenticeship.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serve over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Here at LPT, our values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Trust, which we keep at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects our community. We actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups.
Details of our benefits, leadership behaviours and other important information are contained in the attached document titled Information for Applicants.
We will consider requests to work alternative hours or varied working patterns in line with our flexible working policy.
For all substantive roles, new staff (excluding medical staff) are appointed subject to a 6-month probationary period (see Probation Policy).
All jobs will require permission to work in the UK.
For all jobs the cost of any DBS disclosure required will be met by the individual. This will be deducted from salary once started.
Applicants at risk within the local NHS who meet essential criteria will have preference for interview.Date posted
20 September 2023Pay scheme
£9,406 a year Contract
18 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time, Flexible working Reference number
Leicestershire Partnership Nhs Trust