Business Administration Apprentice
- Good written and verbal communication skills with patients, carers, and members of a multi-disciplinary team
- Computer literature, including report writing and treatment planning
- Understanding and ability to work as a member of the wider team, supporting the delivery of excellent services
- Responsible, reliable, and flexible approach to work
- Organised and able to prioritise own workloads, and others, with the ability to work to deadlines and with competing priorities
- Positive attitude to self-development and supporting others in doing so
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in collaboration with others effectively
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English and maths
- All applicants will be required to take initial assessments in English and maths
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.Things to consider
The post-holder will be required to comply with the organisation's policies, procedures and instructions, at all times dealing honestly with the organisations and its leadership, with colleagues and all those who have dealings with the organisation, including patients, relatives and suppliers.
All staff may be involved directly or indirectly with people who are receiving a health service. Therefore, the organisation is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and this post may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service submission.
Must be able to get to and from the place of work in a safe and timely manner. Driving licence preferable but not essential.