What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be trained in and involved with a wide range of software and programming tasks:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Writing modules of software, documenting and testing
- Python coding using the Django framework and Pycharm
- Interacting with and migrating SQL databases
- Coding modules in Go and Solidity, and blockchain integration
- Monitoring and optimizing Google Cloud Platform services
- Understanding issues around cyber security, data protection and privacy
- Using Jira and Bitbucket to manage coding tasks, tests and updates
- Using WikiJS to document architecture and functionality
Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard:
The successful candidate will undertake a twenty-four month, nationally recognised qualification through TDM. This is a work-based learning programme which will require commitment to block weeks in an online training room once every quarter working towards the qualification along with weekly off the job training and monthly coaching sessions.
You will be required to demonstrate through the standard that you meet all competencies and behaviours, which will lead to the achievement of the qualification. These block weeks will take place in online virtual classrooms.
You will have a designated mentor in the workplace to support your learning and at the end of programme will be assessed via an external assessment body.
This is a Level 4 qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Knowledge modules will include:
- Software Development Methodologies and Testing
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Algorithms, Data Structures and User Interfaces
- OOP and Design Patterns
We hope that the successful candidate will wish to continue working in BlockMark Technologies as the company grows and expands.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Logical, Creative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4) Essential Things to consider
Starting salary will be reviewed subject to experience, National Minimum Wage, and National Living Wage. Opportunity for hybrid working. You will be trained further on using the Django framework, Bitbucket repositories, and Jira task management. There will also be opportunities for hands-on learning about blockchain, Ethereum, and Solidity